Contact Name - Cori Turntine
Contact Phone - 5095357274
Contact Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Scope of Responsibility
This position is responsible for marketing and communications activities including special events and internal communications with staff and board.
The person occupying this position must perform routine duties with limited supervision and according to standard office practices and procedures.
All SCD employees must act as liaisons between the District, government agencies, and the public.
• Work with managers to design and produce materials such as flyers, rack cards, displays etc… coordinate with third party marketing agency, graphic designers and printers as needed
• Provide support materials for education and outreach components of grant projects and programs as requested/required by management team.
• Coordinate placement of advertisements for specific offerings or programs
• Work with management team to develop education and outreach materials including fact sheets, presentations, and website updates as needed.
• Manage online event calendars (SCD, PNDSA, VOTF, etc.)
• Manage social media presence including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram accounts and conference apps for SCD and affiliate organizations
• Manage SCD website and affiliate organization websites
• Design and develop the SCD newsletter and e-blast communication, including writing stories, and soliciting and editing stories from other staff members
• Manage Neon/CRM database with customer information, sort and delete duplicates, use this or other software for event registration, and volunteer program development and management.
• Coordinate data entry for newsletter signups
• Develop and manage system to track metrics that tell the success stories of SCD projects over time
• Place legal notices in papers, on SCD/affiliate websites and post as per regulations
• Coordinate with management team in the development of annual plan and annual reports, long-range plans, and other outreach projects and activities.
• Attend and participate in professional meetings, hearings, conferences and committees as assigned or required.
• Develop press releases to earn media attention regarding completed projects or new contracts
• Write and edit staff meeting minutes for same-day distribution for staff
• Collect board reports from managers in order to send board reports to board, staff, and interested community members. Board will also receive financial documents.
• Prepare printed board packet materials.
• Attend monthly Board Meetings and record meeting minutes and take audio recording. Board minutes must be accurate and should be prepared within 10 days following meeting.
• May be requested to attend and take minutes/notes at other meetings, workshops, training sessions.
• Coordinate with the management team in the development of special projects and programs promoting the objectives of SCD and affiliate organizations.
• Assist in planning, development, and hosting of SCD and affiliate organization events such as the annual meeting, planning sessions, special purpose meetings, and other public events and annual expo, meetings, or hearings.
• Manage Farm & Food Expo committee, including coordination of speakers, sponsors and vendors. Maintain record of sponsor deliverables. Coordinate ticket sales, catering, and overall execution of event. Manage volunteers to help with day of registration, check-in, room monitoring, and clean up. Coordinate third party management of event details as needed.
• Maintain record of sponsor deliverables for annual PNDSA conference.
• Coordinate annual tree sale, including order form/brochures, customer orders, inventory management and advertisement.
• Assist in other special projects and duties as assigned by the Director.
General duties include but are not limited to, answering phones, greeting customers and assisting walk-in customers.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field is preferred. A minimum of a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent plus two years experience as an administrative assistant position with outreach responsibilities is required. Further education may be substituted for experience.
Must have knowledge and experience in governmental and community relations, marketing or public outreach activities/events.
Must demonstrate ability to develop, implement, and administer programs and projects from conception through completion. Must be able to perform assignments independently or work as a team member.
Proficient skills in MS Office with Word; Excel; Access; InDesign 4.0 or other desk top publishing program, Content Management Systems (CMS) such as WordPress, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software such as Neon CRM, MailChimp or other mass email application, social media management abilities. Experience with 3dCart or other online webstore software a plus.
Knowledge of business English composition, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
Ability to work with limited supervision. Supervision and/or guidance will be provided on special assignments and projects.